INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
We offer a number of services that do not require you to register for an account or provide any personal information to us, such as ASTRO File Manager. In order to provide our full range of services, we may collect the following types of information:
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
When you sign up for a Metago Account or other Metago service or promotion that requires registration, we ask you for personal information (such as your name, email address, your mobile phone number and an account password). We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other Metago services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. For certain services, we may give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information.
When you access or connect to Metago Services, our servers automatically record information that your client sends. These server logs may include information such as your service request, Internet Protocol address, platform or browser type, client version ID, client language, device ID, the date and time of your request and session identifiers that may uniquely identify your client.
When you send email or other communications to Metago, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
AFFILIATED METAGO SERVICES ON OTHER SITES
Metago may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our search technology, customized content and advertising.
- Providing our services, including the display of customized content and advertising
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network
- Protecting the rights or property of Metago or our users and
- Developing new services.
Metago processes personal information on our servers in the United States of America and in other countries. In some cases, we process personal information on a server outside your own country. We may process personal information to provide the Metago Services. In some cases, we may process personal information on behalf of and according to the instructions of a third party, such as our service provider partners. Your use of the Metago Services authorizes us to transfer, process, and store your information in the United States of America or in any other country.
Metago only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of Metago in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any personal information.
- We provide such information to our subsidiaries or affiliated companies for the purpose of processing personal information on our behalf.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service or Privacy Policies, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Metago, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- If Metago becomes involved in a merger, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of its assets, we will ensure the confidentiality of any personal information involved in such transactions.
- We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personally identifiable information, such as the number of users who installed a particular application on their mobile, for example, or how often a particular piece of music was played. Such information does not identify you individually.
Please contact us at the address below for any additional questions about the management or use of personal data.
We take reasonable security measures to protect against unauthorized access to, or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of, data.
When you use Metago Services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort.
Last Updated: December 27, 2016